Monday, July 6, 2009

Family time

So let me start off saying that this may be a little long, but I need to get it all out.

I got married in May 2008, my g-pa and g-ma funeral service was in Oct 2008 and I just talked with my brother and his wife on 4th of July. I have not spokend with then since May 2008...because apparently I said something that set them both off.

Lets go to before the wedding, I has asked my brothers wife (we'll call her T and him J) to do my make up and hair for my big day. She told me that she didn't know until we got closer to the date, ok, I can see that. Never heard anything from her so I took it as she didn't want to do it. In hindsight I should have called her to follow up but I was running around with my head cut off trying to get our wedding perfect. I made a hair appointment and had the lady do my make up, no biggie. What really pissed me off is I didn't even get a card from them. Not that I was expecting any kind of gift, but not even a card? And they left the next morning without coming by for the brunch that they knew about...ok, fine. Whatever. I understand they have a little one that her mom is watching, but you could have spent 20 mintues there and I would have been happy.

So we fast forward to Oct....My g-pa was a war veteran, I think for the Vietnam War and I really couldn't tell you what he did because it was never discussed. Anywho, the city built this really nice veterans memorial garden and my dad thought it would be a good idea to do a service for them, since they are sitting under my parents bed collecting dust, so why not do a service for them. T and J came down and brought my nephew, L. (L is now 2 years old....we were not invited to his 1st birthday because they didn't have one and his 2nd birthday was a last minute thing) get done with the service and go get lunch, come back to my parents house and spent 2 hours with them. They left and we went about our day.

Fast forward to Feb 2009, my parents have season tickets to the Nascar race and go every year, sicne J and T live in Ocala and Daytona really isn't that far, they met up and had dinner. Now meanwhile, we have not heard from them, no phone calls, no cards or pictures (other than Christmas) nothing at all from them and they (my parents) were trying to figure out what was going on. No one wanted to talk and they (everyone) avoided the subject.

May comes, J calls and wishes mom happy mothers day.....June comes and dad didn't get a phone call for fathers day.

Here we are in July.....and the whole family came down. Apparently, J was the one not wanting to talk with his family and T was pushing him. I can see that. J is stubborn like me =) We get all the air cleaned and get everything off our chests and all it was, was miscommunication. From the accidental gift not being in the box for Christmas to stupid myspace comment that wasn't directed towards her. This went on and off for 2 years! I hope this never happens again because I love J and T and L!!! And I wanna be able to call them up and see them and talk to my nephew.

Friends may come and go, but family is always there.

No comments:

Post a Comment